December 14th, 2010

(no subject)




Richard and Henry Walton constructed the original and still surviving Marsden Hall in 1555. The key nineteenth century aspects of the park were devloped by R.T. Walton including the highly ornate and unusual stone work.

Architectural attractions include The Egyptian Gate (known locally as the Wishing Gate), Chapel Arch, The Psuedo-Roman Bath House and The Stone Bridge. The park also houses two sundials. One of which is of extremely rare design and has twenty faces.




Collapse )